Top picture the girls holding hands, M on left, C on right. Bottom picture the girls holding their heads up, C on left, M on right
I can't believe the girls are 4 months old. I've been a bit weepy this last week with the thought of it and seeing how much they are growing. Aunt K and Uncle M had their baby this last week as well which made me realize how big they are in comparison to new little, adorable cousin B. I'm very excited to watch all the little girls grow up. I'm sure it will be a parade of three little ones following around cousin L, a nice little flock!
We had a great day out this last Saturday, first we went to see little cousin B in the hospital. She put on a great show and woke up looking around and waving her arms. She was already sucking her finger which is amazing! Aunt K and Uncle M were very eager to go home and get their family all settled. After visiting the new little one we went onto the Portland Bastille day celebration. There was a fencing demonstrating, music, games and several food booths. We went to several of the booths and ended up getting some steamed mussels with bread, a cheese and meat sandwich, coquettes and a nicoise salad with salmon. After downing our food we jumped into the car and made our way up to Castle Rock where my Aunt, Uncle and several cousins live. Were having a small family reunion, I say small because if all of my dad's family and extended family showed up we would have to meet in a high school gymnasium! My cousin was very brave and had us all over. She has a lovely house surrounded by loads of tempting sand so you can imagine how all the little kids were getting delightfully dirty. She said this is why she had warm water hooked up to the hose outside! She's braver than I am having everybody over, but it was a fun time to introduce M and C to the family!
The girls were nice and tired from their big day out and were a little grouchy for us that night and the next day. Nana and Poppa came with Aunty L and stayed the night Saturday and hung out a little bit the next day. It was a nice visit, but they always seem to end so soon.
The girls have been growing by leaps and bounds. C tends to be a little ahead of M in different developmental stages, but M catches up all at once. They both are smiling and have gasps of delight occasionally. I'm still working on really getting them to chuckle and scream happily. They are both holding up their heads well when we carry them around and getting really good at grasping and holding things. C gets frustrated when she can't take apart things and ends up grunting and screaming. I have to separate her from some of her toys to prevent a meltdown! Tomorrow I'm going to pick out some pictures the girls modeled for to keep. Hopefully they will be up on the stores website soon so we can see them there too! I'll make sure to post a link!
We hope everyone is enjoying the summer, our garden is starting to really get going and we enjoyed a feast of sweet peas last night. The first zucchini is ready to pick which means we'll be eating those for a long time to come! Happy zucchini eating!
Oh my goodness, your daughters are so cute! I know all babies are supposed to be adorable-but I understand why they got to model in a catalogue :) Keep up the great work with those two munchkins, and keep up the great posts-I love reading about your lives!
ReplyDelete