O.k. I know I know, we've been on a hiatus forever! I looked at it as a summer break, but then September rolled around and I really couldn't use that excuse anymore. In my defense life has been beyond chaotic lately...see I can't even remember to write in third person anymore. Oh well. I will need to do some self editing for this blog or it will read 2 miles long to catch up on all that I've neglected to share with everyone!
First of all the girls are getting huge! I think last time I had written C had finally started walking. Yeah that stage came and went in a blink of an eye. Now the kid is running...well toddler running all over the house. Specifically with some sort of forbidden object in her clutches while she thumps away cackling madly...and she does cackle. Everyone always told me, "You just wait until they're walking then you'll be busy!" Yeah, well I was busy before and now I'm going crazy. We're talking girls climbing all over the furniture, getting things off shelves and tables that were previously out of reach, the dining room chairs have to be stored in other rooms as the girls will climb onto the dining room table. I came out the other day to find my bowl of beautiful apples empty and apples all over the floor. Looks like I will be making apple crisp soon to take care of those bruised apples!
Besides driving their mom crazy, the girls have been getting so big! They're talking more, miming mommy, getting into everything, fighting with each other, loving each other and giving each other caring pats and back rubbies. It's amazing really, I could just eat them up! We moved them to the guest room a couple of months ago, moved the guest room into my old craft room and my craft room into the girls old room. It makes sense that the two girls should be in the biggest room! They're growing girls! On a crappy note, the girls have been battling a lot of sickness over the last month or so. A baby with cold sneezed on C at the library story time and all hell broke loose! Both babies got a bad cold, M's didn't go away and turned into pneumonia prompting a visit to the doctor and her first round of antibiotics. Gigi came over for most of the week to help out while we stayed up with M while she tried to sleep through her wheezing. Then last week after she had gotten better, M ended up getting sick with pneumonia again! I had to take her to the ER last Monday for an almost all night visit, where M only slept 20 minutes. Luckily my neighbor came over to sleep in the house so I didn't have to take C. M had to have a chest x-ray, they strapped her into what looked like a toddler iron maiden. Awful! My best friend came over the next day to watch C while I took M to her regular doctor. The week of no sleep was topped off by my french press carafe breaking so I couldn't even have coffee to help me along with my sleepless nights and stupor like days! Gigi bailed me out later in the week so I could go grocery shopping and then yesterday so I could escape and get a pedicure and of course a replacement carafe for my precious french press.
So after a hellish week followed by some much needed down time yesterday thanks to Gigi, I am looking forward for a much more relaxing week. I dragged myself out of bed early today despite my insomnia keeping me up insanely late. I got all of the laundry caught up, folded and put away. A huge step after my insane amounts of unfolded laundry last week that I ended up staying until 2am folding a couple of days ago. I am hoping by getting up early this morning I will be prompted to go to bed earlier tonight. Once I'm done here I am planning on doing just that!
Daddy is returning home this week after 6 weeks away for work! Yes, that is 6 weeks! Daddy has missed his girls so much, but he sure lucked out on missing two bouts of pneumonia! I'm looking forward to a weekend away and a spa day, I consider it payment for 6 weeks of single momness! Thanks goodness it's just a temporary thing!
So my apologies for depriving you of pictures of the girls for so long. I see them everyday and sometimes forget others aren't as lucky as I am and need to see some pictorial evidence of their growth and cuteness! I will try to keep up from now on...along with trying not to go crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment