I know, it's been forever. I will never be able to have a witty craft blog (that is so in vogue right now with the mom set) because I so rarely am able to update my humble family blog. So I bet you're all wondering what the heck have we been doing?
Daddy recently got a cold or the flu, we're not sure which. He so rarely gets sick, so I really don't make a very sympathetic nurse. I have always blamed this on my Mom, sorry Mom, because I don't think we got very much sympathy when we were sick as kids. You know when you throw up, how you have a 5-10 minute window where you feel so much better? Well that was the time where you dumped out your own bucket and cleaned it out. It kind of makes sense, I mean do you really want to clean someones sick mess, when they are perfectly able to do it themselves? My mother would blame this lack of sympathy on the fact that I was a hypochondriac drama queen. Whatever the reason, poor Daddy was suffering, while Mommy went about her daily business. The really sad part? Is Daddy was sick enough to stay home from work, but opted to go to work instead because he felt like he would get more rest there, then at home with two rambunctious toddlers clamouring all over him. Then the world stopped when Daddy's sickness mutated into some sort of super bug that knocked me down for over a week! Daddy even had to stay home for a couple of days while I was confined to our bedroom so I wouldn't get the girls' sick. Luckily the doctor prescribed me some stronger cold medicine and even antibiotics for a rogue ear infection. I'm finally starting to feel slightly normal again and have not taken any cold medicine today, I have no voice, but can still get my point across to the girls.
The girls have been flourishing. We had a break through the other day when C started speaking in sentences, slightly fragmented but still a sentence. When going through their favorite book of first words, she pointed to the duck and says, "It's a duck, mommy!" What? Where did this come from? Her other favorite sentence is, "Is it Elmo yet?", Sesame street, or should I say Elmo is very big right now. They love him! M still have a larger vocabulary than C, but has turned into the more quiet and reserved twin. They continue to follow our personalities more and more. M turning into a female Daddy and C's babbling profusely like me apparently. The girls are 22 months now and are nearing their 2nd birthday so rapidly it can bring me to tears!
I'm nervously approaching the time where I have to take away M's "ba ba" as she has dubbed her pacifier, not to mention the whole potty training thing. I'm really looking forward to the potty training being complete, especially after yesterday's diaper. Now this is a warning for the poo squeamish to look way, don't read any further, just skip to the next paragraph. O.k., are they gone? So yesterday I go into the girls' room after their nap and can detect the poo odor, even through my stuffed up nose. My first thought? While having no sense of smell is bad on the taste buds, it's heaven when it comes to diaper changes! M was looking at me with a very upset and pained expression. Then I see that she has such a big load of poop, her diaper and onesie were literally hanging down. I could see it in there, the gap between her diaper and leg was that big! This made sitting or even laying down impossible. Now a small note on M's diapers. All poop is stinky, but hers is on a completely different level. It could be dropped on a small country as bio warfare. It's bad...really bad. When I got her on the changing pad to see the damage. I find an orange size ball of poo, I can't believe that came out of my child, so much with no place to go! M couldn't get away from it fast enough, writhing around and keeping her bottom up as far away as possible. After the completion of the most epic diaper, I moved on to C, who's poopy diaper paled in comparison. I was hoping Daddy would be walking in the door soon, because it was so unbelievable I had to share it. After dumping the poos in the toilet I then flushed only to discover M's poo had plugged the darn thing and C's was still floating away in there. So gross. At this point I called Daddy to see when he was going to be home, he says, "I'm really close....why?" Imagine the why being asked rather suspiciously. I reply that I had a plugged toilet situation that was all him, clarifying that it was his daughters fault and not mine! I called my mom as well and she giggled and gasped in all the right places. Sometimes you just have to share your stories, even if they involve something gross like poop.
I'm still coming down from my post holiday hangover. December is always a very busy time for me, making and sending cards, crafting as many homemade gifts as I can, baking, cooking and wrapping presents and such. Lets just say there were a lot of late, late nights. But it has gotten me on a bit of a sewing streak, so I'm hoping to keep that going for a bit so I can develop a little back stock so I can finally open that Etsy shop I've been dreaming about. Soon, soon. Right now I'm busy sewing away for my best friend who will soon be adopting. So exciting. I can't wait for that phone call! After her baby arrives I will be busy planning a meet the baby shower, with Aunty K and then the girls' second birthday party! Crazy!
I will try to be diligent, maybe I need to set up a day each week where I will devote an hour to blogging. It's hard, it really has to be done when the girls are sleeping, as the entire time I was writing the first part of this blog they were hanging off of me, crying at me and requesting to be picked up! I swear once my butt hits the seat they move in like sharks smelling blood! This is why I eat my breakfast while they watch Sesame Street!
Have a wonderful Valentines day everyone! Spring is fast approaching...ugh, that reminds me how much yard work we need to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment