Sunday, April 3, 2011

A New Plan...

The crayon rolls I made for the favor for the girls' party.
I had to include a picture of the green deviled eggs.
The girls' playing in their play room after they took off their clothes...again!
The candy "bar"!
I came around the corner and found C like this.
M holding my "Rabbi" from my youth.
C, M and I at the beach.
M and C eating their cupcakes!


As usual, I've been on a hiatus from the blog. When a little time goes by, so much happens that I anticipate the length of my next blog growing exponentially, so inevitably it is the first thing to get shelved on the long list of things to do everyday! Lately I've been perusing a lot of crafty mom blogs and noticed how a lot of them post daily, not a huge blurb, but maybe just a daily photo and a little of what they're doing or working on. I thought, I can do that, a little story here and there with a picture. Not too bad right? Well, we'll give it a shot, I will call it my almost daily photo, because we all know there are always some of those days!

In the months that I've been shunning my blog responsibilities, I have been very busy with other endeavors. In March, not only did we have the twins 2nd (!) birthday, but a very good friend had her shower for the adoption of her new baby girl! Why I decided to schedule the twins party the week after the shower is beyond me, but I think both events went exceptionally well. A pink/bird/candy shower for best buddy A and then a Dr. Seuss party for the twins!

The girls' enjoyed their party immensely, in fact M was so excited that she refused to go down for nap and ended up staying up the entire day! Unfortunately she does the nap skip once a week or so much to my chagrin! The girls' got all sorts of fun presents and a new play room to keep them all in! Poor Daddy was kicked out of his office/man cave and given nothing but a corner in Mommy's craft room. His office now consists of a rolling file cabinet with a printer and his computer sitting on top. But his sacrifice was joy for the little girls and for Mommy who now has some of the living room back now that a lot of the toys have moved to the play room!

In my last post I mentioned potty training, M has had some successes, both pooping and peeing on the potty. However, this is all subject to her mood and willingness, so we're not pressing her too much, she'll get there soon. She did however banish her binky! I decided to take it away cold turkey for nap one day to see how it went, she skipped her entire nap and opted for crying then playing in her crib. That night it didn't make sense to give it back to her and she was so exhausted from skipping her nap she fell right asleep. She asked for it a little bit over the next couple of days, but was fine! That was way easier than I thought it was going to be! They are gone in the trash now! Such a big girl! M has been talking a little bit more, but likes her gibberish. Both her and C now can read their alphabet and numbers up to 10! Daddy has been working with them a lot and they are picking it up great. M also had her 2 year doctor appointment, now that was a fun afternoon! M is pretty tall for her age, but on the skinny side, something she has been doing since she was born, so no worries. Nice and healthy!

C has been talking up a storm, chatting with us daily on a variety of subjects. She likes to tell people hi and will repeat a lot of things we say! We really have to watch what we say, since questionable words can be repeated! We had a few words the other day that I know she didn't hear from us, lets just say she is experimenting with words that end in ck! C is ever a cuddly one and loves to snuggle any chance she can get. The doctor says she's as tall as an average 3 year old! Maybe she can play basketball, well, she has been a little like her mommy when it comes to her hand-eye-walking coordination, so maybe not.

The girls' bring us joy daily and hopefully nearly daily photos will bring that your way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment