So what has been going on with us, you ask? Everything and nothing. This summer has been filled with a lot of our normal daily activities, but we are getting outside a lot more. We go to the park a lot where the girls perform amazing feats of climbing, jumping and sliding that nearly give me a heart attack. Daddy is much better at park time as his anxiety levels tend to be lower than mine. M became completely potty trained last week! Awesome for me, let me tell you. I have to remind her to go every hour or so, as well as help her with it, but we've stayed pretty dry with only a couple of accidents, plus she is staying dry at night. One down and one very stubborn obstinate creature who won't even sit on the potty to go!
During the end of June and beginning of July, Daddy and I went on our first trip away with out the girls, it was the first time we have both been away from them overnight! They're two, it was time! Gigi bravely took on the twins while we went away to New York City for a long weekend. It was a nice trip, we walked everywhere! It took my feet a few weeks to recover, but all in all it was a much needed get away!
I've been pretty busy with the girls lately and find it hard to do a lot of other things...like updating our family blog. Yet, it still doesn't stop me from taking on more, does it. I recently signed up to be a demonstrator with Demarle at Home, a french bake ware company that makes Silpat and a variety of flexible pans that for lack of a better word, are awesome! It is a home sales company, which gives me the flexibility I need to be with the girls, but get out every once in awhile and cook for other people. It's been fun experimenting with all my new pans, now I just need to get some more parties going! Please check out the www.demarleathome.com and you can see what I'm doing!
Since Sesame Street has come to an end, I must log of as well or the girls will drive me crazy with their touching of forbidden objects in my craft room. I will not promise to write again soon, because I fear I am developing a notorious reputation for breaking my promises...well, at least with blogging. We will see you again soon, hopefully not so long between posts this time!
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment